Monday, January 17, 2011

Vase from a Mason Jar

Okay, Aiden brought me home some flowers the other day because I was having a horrible day.  He returned all the pop bottles, and this is what he came home with.  He melted my heart.  And we really needed something to put them in.  So I had a great idea pop into my head.

And this is what you do:
Supplies:

  • A Mason canning jar (I have a 1 quart jar pictured here)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Ribbon
  • Decorations
What you do:
  • Give your jar a quick clean and dry it.
  • Determine how long you want your ribbon.  I just cut and tied a bow around the jar to make sure it was long enough.
  • Using your hot glue gun, glue the ribbon to the jar.  I just added dots in 4 points.
  • Place a flower or decoration through your bow.
  • I placed some crystal like flowers on the jar to give it more of an embelishment and so Aiden could feel like he had something to do.
  • Add your water and flowers when everything is dry and in place.
  • Enjoy.
This seriously only took 10 minutes and I love how it looks.  It give my table a fun little spring pop, especially after that 14 inches of snow we got the days.  
Any questions, just shoot me an email!
Cheers!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...