Crock pots; I love them! I love to cook in my crock pot. I think I use mine at least 3 times a week. We have basketball and piano around the same time that I should be preparing dinner, so this beauty makes life easier.
Do you LOVE your crock pot?
Okay, so I'm going to post some yummy recipes as I make them, but to get us started, lets do a Crock Pot Lasagna. I will admit, I didn't really know what to think when my sister in-law told me of this recipe, but I had to try it.
Okay, here we go.
You will need:
- 8 lasagna noodles broken up into bite size pieces (try oven ready since they will be in the crock pot for 8 hours on low... I found mine got soggy because I boiled them first.)
- 1 pound ground beef scramble fried
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes with the juice
- 1 5.5oz can of tomato paste
- minced garlic, oregano, and basil to taste-just eye ball it.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- about 2 cups shredded mozzarella
So you need to put the cooked meat into your crock pot and then add the remaining ingredients, except the noodles. And then give it a stir.
Now top with your noodles, cover and let the crock pot go on low for about 6-8 hours, or on high for about 3-4 hours.
*Note: My mom did this as well, and she added her noodles slightly cooked 2 hours before serving and her noodles weren't soggy.
Let me know how it turns out! I would love to hear what you did to make this recipe your own, as well!!